I am so glad that Father's Day and Mother's Day are celebrated in side by side months. I love this photo of me as a baby, sitting next to my mother and father. Although my dad has been gone for almost 30 years I love gazing at this photo that hangs next to my desk. I love his smile and the reminder of the way that I felt as his little girl. In fact I always thought the song "Daddy's Little Girl" was written for me.
Although my children never knew my father, I love telling and reliving those memories.
I wished I had more photos.... Here are some ideas to celebrate the fathers in your life.
- His Portrait
- His love & kindness (this one will most likely be a candid shot)
- His hair, from the front and the back
- His hands, working (or holding the remote)
- His work
- His favorite or familiar shoes
- His handiwork around the house
- His favorite chair
- His work bench or tools
- His hobbies
- His talents
- His handwriting
Happy clickin' & mixin',